Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The beginning of charge (part two)

During the next get together. It was the night before boxing day and my family decided to go shopping right after the party, but I did know until after I got ready and wore the hijab. Everyone was saying that we would but I didn't take then that seriously.
When I got to the party I felt way more comfortable with everyone, the adults treated me with more respect and I treated myself with more respect too.
Then we went to the shop I wasn't that scared as I thought, spending the night wearing the hijab made me less uncomfortable. It was the  first time I went out in public around non-muslim wearing the hijab. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I was with my family who also wore the hijab so I didn't feel intimidated.

No comments:

Post a Comment